0844 Number – User’s Guide16th December 2008
What is an 0844 number?
0844 is a non geographic business phone number.
What are benefits of a 0844 number?
Having an 0844 number you can give an access to your home telephone number without actually showing the number itself, as the 0844 number redirects calls to your home telephone or any other number you give. It prevents others to locate where you live as the prefix (STD code) is not to be seen.
0844 telephone numbers as non geographic numbers present even the smallest business as a UK-wide firm, this makes you competitive on a national scale.
How does the 0844 number work?
Your customer sees your 0844 number and decides to give you a call. The call is then instantly diverted to an existing phone line.
You can switch this number as often as you like – no charge.
If you relocate to a new office or you just need incoming sales calls diverted for a day or a week, your phone number remains unchanged.
You can divert your 0844 number to a mobile too, but calls are charged differently depending on which mobile network you’re with, usually from around 10p a minute.
What does it cost to call an 0844 number?
When they call a Planet Numbers 0844 number, your customers pay just 5p per minute at all times. Customers pay 5p a minute from anywhere in the British Isles, including N. Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
0844 numbers from Planet Numbers are connected within 24 hours. You can add extra services such as:
- Voicemail to email – unanswered calls go to voicemail which is delivered to you by as a sound file by email.
- Virtual receptionist: press 1 for sales, press 2 for accounts etc.
- Call Recording – no disputes over who said what – the whole call is recorded and sent to you as a sound file via email
- Call queueing – no engaged tones when you are busy
- Time of day call routing – take control of where you receive calls, depending on what time of day it is.