Hosted VoIP phone system
Slash the cost of your company's monthly phone bill by up to 90% with Planet Numbers hosted VoIP phone system.
Save up to 90%
Enquire today and see how much your company will save by switching.
What is a VoIP Phone System?
A VoIP, otherwise known as voice over internet protocol, is a phone system that gives you access to different phone services over the internet. As a cloud-based phone system, your VoIP allows you to reduce your dependence on traditional phone lines. This type of phone system is hosted offsite in secured data centres, giving you the services of a traditional phone system without the typical problems of one. When you switch to this system, you can effectively increase productivity and improve efficiency at work.
How Does a VoIP Phone System Work?
A traditional phone system follows a physical path to connect the caller with your business. Its dependence on telephone infrastructure, such as telephone lines, puts it at risk from several factors, from bad weather conditions to flocks of resting birds.
With a VoIP phone system, you can effectively avoid these problems. Audio voice signals are converted into digital packets. These are then immediately transported to their destination, where they are converted back to audio voice signals. This whole process eliminates the need for telephone infrastructure. All you need is an internet connection and a handset and you’re ready to make and receive calls, it’s as simple as that.
In addition to this, a VoIP phone system gives you access to an online portal. Here, you can easily manage incoming and outgoing calls with your clients, partners and investors. With the right set up, you can significantly improve customer and support services. You no longer have to worry about missing out on potential business opportunities and transactions due to poor communication channels.
Why Switch to a VoIP Phone System?
Although utilised by businesses for decades, the traditional phone system is no longer ideal for the modern consumer or business. Rather than helping a business, this phone system can actually be the cause of several setbacks.
In today’s tech-driven world, you need the right tools to give yourself a competitive edge. By improving your communication channels, you provide clients, partners and investors with the capability to reach you efficiently. A VoIP phone system is one of the ways you can improve engagement for better business performance.
Here are some of the advantages that become available to you when you switch to a VoIP system for your business.
- A VoIP phone system helps reduce costs. This system allows you to connect with your target audience at a lower cost than a traditional phone system. Since it grants you access to a wide range of communication services through the internet, you no longer need the infrastructure and maintenance involved with traditional phone systems.
- A VoIP phone system allows you to scale up as needed. This system is customised to your needs upon its initial installation.Small to medium-sized businesses can acquire a plan that works best for their current needs. When you are ready to scale up your communication channels, all you need to do is call your provider and they will make adjustments.
- A VoIP phone system supports multiple calls at a time. This system allows you to connect with more of your target audience in a single instance. You may divide your call centre into teams that handle specific concerns, such as customer enquiries and technical support. This level of connectivity has the potential to improve your brand’s reputation as it strengthens your customer and support services.
- A VoIP phone system gives you flexibility for telecommuting. This system is accessible to your team wherever they are. They don’t have to be in the office to take calls, allowing you to strengthen telecommuting protocols for the long-term.
- A VoIP phone system offers other features aside from calls. This system provides a wide selection of features to take advantage of.
- Call Waiting: This feature allows you to prioritise important calls while keeping other callers on the line until you can attend to them.
- Call Forwarding: You may route incoming calls by purpose and staff availability, making sure callers reach the appropriate person or department.
- Call Blocking: With call blocking, you may reject calls that bring zero value to your business. These may include prank calls that keep your staff from helping real customers.
- Voicemail: It allows clients, partners and investors to leave messages whenever they call. With this feature, you may address their enquiries without having to put them on hold.
- Priority Alerts: With this feature, you may determine which calls to take first. You may configure your system to notify you of incoming calls from a specific customer or call information.
- Fax: Clients, partners and investors may send you important documents in real-time.
- Last Number Redial: You may easily reach a caller whose call was unexpectedly cut short. With this feature, you prevent missed opportunities caused by connection problems on the caller’s end.
- Video Conferencing: It allows you to meet with partners and investors on the digital landscape. Alternatively, you can use this feature as a digital marketing tool to promote your products and services to potential clients.
Improve the way your in-house operators manage multiple calls and other types of communication with this cloud-based phone system. Discover how these features improve engagement and experience with your clients, partners and investors.
- A VoIP phone system improves processes. This system accomplishes everything a traditional phone system does. But it sets itself apart by streamlining how you set up and manage your phone system. With its processes handle through the internet, there is less downtime.
- A VoIP phone system provides better security. This system provides the appropriate protection from data breaches, such as phishing and social engineering. It has high-performing identity management tools that prevent hackers from accessing sensitive information about your business and clients.
- A VoIP phone system offers you peace of mind. This system is arguably future-proof. As more businesses move their operations onto the digital landscape, it’s only a matter of time before traditional phone systems become obsolete. By switching to a VoIP phone system, you are staying ahead of the competition in the UK and beyond.
Planet Numbers strives to help businesses throughout the UK stay connected with their customers. Our VoIP solutions are made to address your communications needs. If you’re still on the fence about switching phone systems, you can always talk to our team. We will gladly answer any of your enquiries regarding a VoIP phone system and its features.
Customised to your company's needs
You can have as many hosted phone numbers as you need and we'll configure these in the way that matches your company’s structure.
Choose from over 20 handset types
The only new hardware you need is your VoIP handsets. These plug straight into your broadband’s Ethernet sockets and there are models available for every budget.View Handsets
Integrate your mobiles
With a Planet Numbers hosted VoIP phone service you can integrate your team’s mobiles into your office system.
All the virtual switchboard services you demand
There are a whole host of call-handling and virtual switchboard features available with our hosted PBX system, like call tracking, call queuing and automatic time-based redirection.
Prefer to keep your existing phone numbers?
Because our VoIP service is all about giving you exactly the set-up you need, you can choose brand-new phone numbers or simply use your existing ones.
Get superfast broadband from Planet Numbers too
Naturally, our VoIP service works with any broadband internet provider. But if you’re having issues with your current ISP or simply want a quote for switching to Planet Numbers, just ask.
Your invisible switchboard in the cloud
Whether you’re a small business based in a single location or a larger enterprise with several offices and remote workers, we can configure your new VoIP phone system to match.
In a nutshell, VoIP sends your phone calls over the internet instead of using old-fashioned copper cables. And because Planet Numbers’ VoIP systems are hosted in the cloud, they’re infinitely flexible so they can change and grow as your company changes and grows.
What’s more, there’s never been a better time to upgrade to VoIP. BT is closing down all its traditional PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network) services and switching over to a completely VoIP-based system by 2025.
And whilst it remains to be seen how disruptive this will be to UK businesses as BT Openreach attempts to convert 220,000 lines per month, you can get ahead of the curve right now by switching to Planet Numbers VoIP, and saving your company a considerable amount in the process.
A hosted VoIP phone system sends all your incoming and outgoing calls via the internet. This gives you crystal-clear call quality and a super-flexible, easy-to-expand cloud-based network that’s fully customizable to your company’s changing needs. And all for a fraction of the monthly cost you pay with traditional landlines.
Save up to 90%
The savings you can make with the Planet Numbers VoIP service are staggering. Most users see a reduction in their monthly phone costs of at least 75%. Enquire today and see how much your company will save by switching.